Caregiver Support

Are you caring for a relative or friend — your grandma, a cousin, or somebody else who needs your help with care? Can you even recall the last time you did something for yourself? Perhaps your part started out small, but now you’re helping grandma with everything from managing doctor visits to bathing. There is help for you. Just pick up the phone and give us a call!

What is Caregiver Support?

Being an unpaid caregiver to a relative or friend can be isolating, emotionally draining, and physically demanding. The Caregiver Support Program is offered to unpaid caregivers aiding loved ones who are 18 and older. Through this program, you will gain access to free or low-cost support. Services include:

  • Support groups and counseling
  • Caregiver training
  • Respite care, if you need a break
  • Purchasing supplies and/or medical equipment
  • Other services necessary to help the unpaid caregiver
Living Alone and Need Help?

If you are 55+ and have trouble with things such as bathing, dressing, walking, etc., and don’t have a caregiver, please contact us as we may be able to offer help.

Related Links & Useful Publications

Who will Care for the Caregivers? Administration for Community Living How to Care for your Aging Parents at a Distance Balance Your Career with the Needs of an Aging Family Member A Siblings Guide to Caring for Aging Parents


Note: For Ferry, Stevens, Pend Oreille, and Whitman Counties call Rural Resources Community Action at 1-800-873-5889 or go to