Support Services in the Home & Community

For information on the wide range of services available for older adults or adults living with disabilities in the home and community, please call our hotline. We have provided information below about many of the services offered; however, we have access to a wide network of resources and are not able to list them all. If you don’t see what you’re looking for, or have questions, please contact us.

What kinds of services are available?

Bathing Assistance/Limited Home Care

We connect you to bathing and hygiene services. Housework, dressing, body care, and repositioning can also be provided. Call or go to the following link if you are over 60, need bathing care to remain safely at home, and are not eligible for or have exhausted other sources of payment (Medicare, Medicaid, private insurance).
Family Resource Home Care

Minor Home Repair

We link people to minor home repair or modification services, essential for the health and safety of older occupants. For more information either give us a call or check out the following link.

Adult Day Care/Adult Day Health Services

We connect you to adult day care centers that provide clients with meaningful activities and offer family members time off from caregiving duties. Caregivers can take a break from responsibilities and loved ones get to participate with the community. At a minimum, services offered include assistance with personal hygiene; basic health monitoring; supervision; a healthy meal; and activities. Additional information can be found by calling or at Providence Adult Day Health’s website.
Providence Adult Day Health

Nutrition Assistance

We connect individuals to a wide variety of nutrition assistance programs. If you are looking for resources to obtain fresh fruits and vegetables or prepared meals, please take a look at the following page.
Nutrition Assistance

Legal Assistance

Do you need legal assistance? Whether it’s a landlord dispute, the need to draft a will, or to establish power of attorney, Aging & Long Term Care of Eastern Washington may be able to connect you to legal assistance. Either give us a call, or reach out to the following.

Long Term Care Ombudsman Program

Ombudsmen act as advocates for residents of nursing homes, adult family homes, and assisted living facilities. Their purpose is to protect and promote the resident rights guaranteed under federal and state law and regulations. They are trained to receive complaints and resolve problems in situations involving quality of care, use of restraints, transfer and discharge, abuse, and other aspects of resident dignity and rights. To get in contact with the Ombudsman Program, either check out these resources or give us a call.

SNAP Ombudsman Program



We connect older persons to transportation services who have no other means of, or are unable to use, existing transportation. Priorities include rides to/from medical and health care services, social services, and meal programs. In special circumstances, additional transportation may be provided along with aid for those with limited physical mobility. Give us a call if this is something you would like to learn more about.

SNAP Council on Aging and Human Services


Note: For Ferry, Stevens, Pend Oreille, and Whitman Counties call Rural Resources Community Action at 1-800-873-5889 or go to